I suggest you ...

consider a plan as completed for new plans

Use Case:
I got a character currently going for a HAC and medium weapons etc (full fitting). After completing the current plan for this goal, I want to go forward to Strategic Cruisers. As there are skills that are shared among the requirements of both plans (e.g. Amarr Cruiser) I get no real "time from HAC to SC".

Feature Request:
It would be nice to have a selected plan be considered completed as a start point of a new plan.
Important: This should cascade "infinitely". Meaning, when I have 3, 4.. 10 steps and I create the 10th plan based on the 9th completed (the 9th was previous based on 8th etc.) all skills in this chain should be at the correct level as a basis for the 10th plan.

This mechanism could solve several issues:
* sub plans, as you simply divide the sub plans into plans based on the previous
* no need for folder or grouping in plans (same thing, put them into own plans based on the previous)
However this would be a nice GUI to display chains :)

665 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Toni Uebernickel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminJimi (EVEMon Developer, EVEMon) responded  · 

The idea has promise, and it would be a less complex problem to assault. We will see where the votes take it.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what I think people are asking for and I'm all for it, but let me reword it as I understand it to be.

1. Let me que plans.
        2. Subsequent plans automatically detect duplicate skill requests (at the same level) and the line is not counted.
        3. This skill detection continues all the way down the plan chain.

• Ken Kyoukan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally you could give the items a toggle button for users to choose if the previous plan item should show it's full training time or count as complete.

Having read Ayden's comment this way you could have plans and a master plan with all the sub plan items in it, set to show total training time, with this you could sort the plans items into the order you wish to train them and directly link to that actual plan to adjust the details.

• Ken Kyoukan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the previous plan was listed as an item at the top of the new plan, in a style similar to the remapping points, EVEMon could use that to figure out what skills were to be trained to which levels in the previous plan, and give a visual indicator as to if that previous plan still has training time to go or is completed (remove previous plan item once that plan is completed)

The same way a skill gets removed on completion now, this way you can cascade stack plans too.

Issues:
        Circular links would have to be tested for.
        Not being able to link a plan that in any way refers to the plan you are on in it's links could fix this.

Notice I said links there, well you could potentially have multiple items naming other skill plans and treating them all as complete...

• Ayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lol i came on here to suggest sub plans as well.

Plans where you could nest other plans into them would be awesome, and would give you the ability to have a large year+ plan while still maintaining what each component of it was, plus tracking crossover items correctly.

I would prefer sub-plans to cascading, but either would be ok.

• Kimbeau Surveryor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you managed sets of plans through an interface similar to the Certificates one, then you could calculate the additional time for plans when trained in the given order, whilst leaving the plans themselves in their current form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base