I suggest you ...

Sub-Plans

Would be nice if there is a possibility to make sub-plans to make your plans more cleary arranged and to oversee your self setted milestones in ONE plan

311 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JimiAdminJimi (EVEMon Developer, EVEMon) responded  · 

Has been asked for several times before, you can do it manually by selecting all of you plans and merging them together. Does that cover what you are after?

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Drake McCannDrake McCann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the OP means something like branches inside a single plan (each branch has a specific set of skills we assigned to it) with the ability to rearrange the branch just like how we do now with the skills ..

if the a branch contains skills that require other skills then it can't be moved above etc ...

Now this would be a really nice feature ..

• corbintechcorbintech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I was hoping for here tonight looking at my year long plan.

I see it like this:

Say I plan a year, with a hulk in there, some leadership skills in there, some refining skills in there or whatever. What would be nice is maybe a little dropdown where I can click something and the skills needed for the hulk pop to the top, or leadership, or mining, or refining or whatever I select.

• AydenAyden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll give some more detail on exactly what i would hope ot see this feature become.

On the skills plan, i would like a tab there for "Skill Plans" near skills browser etc.

I have a plan right now called "Ships and Guns", its a merged plan of all the gun and ship plans i have made, however now that i have that, i cant easily say "i want to do medium projectiles to T2 first" without going back to the original plan, finding all the relevant skills and moving them up.

I would love if i could just find the "T2 medium projectiles" plan in the list of "guns and ships" and move it up. If i wanted to view the contents, you could either double click to open the plan or do a + maximise - minimise tree style as Jimi suggested.

Hope that clears it up some more, i'm still really hoping this feature makes it in....

• AydenAyden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi Richard,

For me its about tracking multiple plans seperately while seeing the total time, as soon as you merge them it makes it a horrible mess, so that would not do the trick for me :(

• Marcin StruśMarcin Struś commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As i understand it and as far as i would see it usefull it would have to work like this:

You create plans - logistic 5 plan, Drone plan, BS 5 plan, phoenix plan, missile plan, etc...,

than for example you want to create Chimera plan, so i add to it: drone plan, logistic paln, BS 5 plan and on top of it I add fighters skill, triage skill, capital ships skills, carreir skill, etc...

So now i have a plan that consists of few skills AND few plans, Each pan than could be shown as skills with +/- buttons (like a tree view) but by default they are collapsed to one row: BS 5 Plan for example.

This way we could Re-use plans for different plans

this could also be used for career planning (long term plans - for example in one year i want to hcave chimera and command ship and phoenix - so i make separate plans and add them to a bigger plan as sortable element)

• Andrew IhegbuAndrew Ihegbu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its not even a matter of separating windows as much as it is 'creating discrete stages/milestones within a plan' and then being able to say, rearrange one stage to shortest skill first without changing the ordering of the rest. This would really help year long plans.

Take for example my new character wants to fly a simple cruiser then learn large turrets before training for a T2 battle cruiser. I would be able to separate them into 3 stages and see the amount of time it takes to do each as well as the specific skills I need to learn (such as frigate skills) that are shared and thus vital anyway. Evemon would be able to rearrange the skills to try and get me to each milestone quickest

eg if I added recon frigate skills and battleships then it would be able to tell me that I am best off training for battleships first as I would get there sooner despite it being a different tree.

• DIGIDIGI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, by grouping skill sets together, I believe the concept would be as follows

Plans;
        My Covert Ops Plan
        - [sub-plan] Torpedo skills
        - [sub-plan] mwd master skills
        - [sub-plan] My t2 siege launcher plan

Plan 2
        - etc*

• DIGIDIGI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the whole 'SubPlan' means for an option to manage and arrange the plans into user created folders in the list so its not just a long array of plans

• azaaza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my interpretation of this (and what i would like to see) is if you want to train a character in stages - ie first thing i want to do is get him combat ready with ship skills, then i want to train him to start doing R&D agent research, then i want him to train research skills.

It would be nice to easily segregate the plans into sections, each with a displayed training time e.g.

Plan "Rifter skills"
        Gunnery I
        Gunnery II
        etc etc
        Total training time for "Rifter Skills" 23d 15h
        Plan "R&D alt skills"
        Research I
        Research II
        etc etc
        Total time for "R&D Alt" 30d 15h

You can sort of do this with priorities but a tree with indents would be easier to view.

I understand how to use the merge feature in Plans -> Manage but would like to see the segregation with sub times for each stage.

• SpudsSpuds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As nobody has ever shown any way of 'selecting all of you{sic} plans and merging them together', a non-existant feature doesn't replace this feature.

The ability to break out plans to focus on parts, and link them to multiple plans is needed.
        For example, jump drive operation and jump drive calibration required for Black Ops, Carriers, and Jump Freighters (among others). Having 1 plan with just jump skills in it, which carrier, BO, and JF plans depend on/reference is desired.

• CatmandontCatmandont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assume the question mirrors my own, just worded differently. I would like to see INTERNAL subplans for each plan, not a separate creation. It would be useful for arranging skills after a skill remap, as I'd like to keep the before and after arrangements individual and not affect each other. Essentially another 'header' line, with selectable columns that can be entered into the plan much like the remapping points.

• mzorawskimzorawski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not really, i suppose athor more like to make something like own certificates like " my cs plan" containing " req skills" + " optional navigation " + " optional drone adjustment " + "optional weapon skills". all i.e. in rolled up parts within main plan, and possibly ability to inject subplans from sopme sublist ... at least that would be nice ;P

Feedback and Knowledge Base